Saving Rules in Fuel Consumption
The tyre pressure which is lower than the recommended average increases the fuel consumption. Wheel rim and tyres that are used instead of the recommended ones increase the fuel consumption.
Speed is expensive.
Use the air-conditioning rather than opening the windows.
Do not carry empty port baggage.
Carry the sizable loads with trailer rather than port baggage.
Have a wind deflector fixed to your car while pulling a caravan and adjust it correctly.
You can go fast without accelerating too much. For this, it is enough to accelerate the car without much effort and to try to keep the speed. If your car is of injection, while driving downhill, do not accelerate. Within these systems, while the motor is working and the car is in gear, the car does not consume fuel when it is not accelerated since this action gives an end to the fuel consumption. However, while driving downhill, never ungear or shut off the engine. When the engine is shut off, you may experience serious accidents as a response to several centiliters of fuel saving as the brake system does not work.
In order to consume less fuel while driving uphill, it would be more appropriate to make half, or even quarter acceleration in low gear rather than making full acceleration in high gear. Each 1 km addition after 90 km increases the fuel consumption as %1. A car of 120 km speed per hour consumes %25 more fuel comparing to a car of 80 km speed. Avoid high speed driving which increases the fuel consumption; however, the engine of a car which is used in very low speeds in order to consume less fuel is worn away more quickly. And this results in the replacement of the saving made by decreasing the fuel consumption with repair and spare parts. For that reason, use your car at optimum speed.
If the tyre pressure is below the recommended average, this increases the fuel consumption. The wheel rims and tyres that are used instead of the recommended ones also increase the fuel consumption.
• Warm up the engine by using moderately on the road instead of warming up while stopping.
• If you are using choke valve, when the engine gets to the situation to run without choke valve, push the choke valve in its place.
• Use your right foot to decelerate by taking it from the accelerator and predicting the obstacles and road bends, not to put on the brake.
• Do not drive aggressively. Drive gently.
• Do not cycle much in low shift. Use the highest possible gear provided that you do not wear out the engine.
• Do not try to keep your speed on the same level while climbing up. Do not gas much on the straight road (keep your foot at the same level on the accelerator).
• Speed is expensive.
• Do not accelerate suddenly at the green light.
• Do not full the fuel tank.
How is the Automatic Transmission Used?
You need to obey these rules in order to get the best performance in a vehicle with automatic transmission:
• You must not change the position of the gearshift from P and N to any other position while pedaling the accelerator.
• You must not change its position to P while the vehicle is on the move. Otherwise, serious damages will occur.
• You must wait until the car completely stops before passing to the R position.
• You must never declutch the vehicle (N position) while climbing down.
• You must strictly follow the automatic transmission oil change periods, otherwise, the oil will decay and the decayed oil will cause the performance decrease and some breakdowns.
• If the vehicle speed is above 95 KM, you must never change the position of the gearshift to 2 or L manually.
• You must not accelerate above 50 km while driving in L position.
Properties of airbag
The airbag, which is one of the components of passive safety systems, prevents the drivers and/or passengers from being injured by expanding in the crashes that occur above a specific speed. In the vehicles with airbag, there are some sensors according to the number and position of the airbags in the vehicle. In the crashes of approximately 30 km/h and above, the airbags expand within milliseconds according to the crashing direction and protect the people in the vehicle from possible injuries.
ABS and braking system
When braking on a wet or slippery road or meeting with an unexpected obstacle, the tyres are blocked upon the sudden brakes. The handling of the driver on the car disappears and the car starts to slip or to be driven away. ABS is the system that prevents the tyres from blocking in such situations. The main purpose of ABS is to allow the driver to have the handling during a sudden braking. There is a wrong view among the people that ABS shortens the braking distance and its main purpose is this. Although shortening the braking distance is a safety member, it is the second purpose of ABS. but you must remember that ABS may not always help the braking distance be shortened.
Working principle: During a sudden and hard braking, the vehicle speed sensors on the tyres detect that the car has started to slip and transmit this situation to the central control unit (ABS computer) immediately. ABS computer prevents the increasing of the brake pressure on one or several blocked tyres through its hydraulic control unit, or reduces the pressure. Thus, the driver recovers his / her handling in a very short time and it helps the vehicle decelerate effectively and safely.
Tyre and Wheel Rim
What You Need to Know About the Tyres:
The tyre, which is the only important part of the vehicle that helps the car be in contact with the ground, is made up of the combination of rubber cord and bead cores and some chemicals.
The tyre helps the load on the vehicle be carried through the air pumped into it.
• Tyre Pressure
The inconvenient tyre pressure causes irreparable damages in the future and also makes the tyres be worn out irregularly soon. The tyre pressure must be measured when the tyre is cold and you must absolutely obey the tyre pressure values that have been determined by the vehicle manufacturers.
• Tie Rod Adjustment
The direction of the steering wheel and the vehicle may not be the same because of the faults in the mechanical and suspension systems of your car. The front alignment fault causes not only economical loss in your tyres, but also high mechanical repairing and maintenance costs in time by damaging the suspension and moving parts of your car.
• Counter Weight Adjustment
Not matching the wheel rim and tyre properly will make you feel some discomfort such as bouncing, knocking, run-out and shimmy during the fast driving.
• Rotation (Replacement)
As your tyres are exposed to different erosive movements in every different position of the vehicle, replacing them periodically will prolong their life.
• Periphery Depth
The tread cap is the area on the tyre that is in contact with the ground. As the tyre becomes worn out, the traction decreases. The pattern on your tyre is worn out and cannot be used in time. Using the tyres, the periphery depth of which is below 1.6 mm, is dangerous for the security of life and property, and it is also legally prohibited in many countries.
• Load Amount and Loading Type
The loadings exceeding the vehicle carrying capacity that has been determined by the vehicle manufacturer cause the tyre to overheat, to break down on the sidewalls, shoulders and toes and to overwear. The unbalanced loadings have a negative effect on the tyre life.
• Brake Adjustment
Have your braking systems checked periodically in accordance with the recommendations of the vehicle manufacturer. The non-setting brakes cause irregular and rapid wearing on the tyres. As the strength distribution will differ according to the tyre in sudden and hard brakes, the possibility of block type wearing increases.
• Tyre Selection According to the Conditions of Vehicle Use
The tyres that are equivalent to the size and layer as specified in the vehicle manual must be used.
• Vehicle Speed
As the vehicle speed increases, the tread cap rubber will be worn more comparing to the normal periods because of the rising temperature of the tyre.
• Tyre Matches
All the tyres of the car must be in the same size and structure. In case of different structure and pattern on the same axe and tyre tripping upon wearing, the performance of the vehicle will be badly affected and also the tyre will be worn irregularly and rapidly.
• Road and Climate Conditions
On the uneven road surfaces and in the hot summer months, the tyre is worn more comparing to the normal periods.
• Driving and Braking Habits and Maintenance
In addition to these factors, it may show a change in accordance with the other factors such as the driving and braking habits of the vehicle driver and the maintenance level of the vehicle.
Tread Cap: The area where the tyre is in contact with the ground.
Shoulder: The thick rubber area where the tread cap and sidewall connect.
Sidewall: The area which is between the toe and shoulder of the tyre and which gives flexibility to the tyre and on which introductory information is available.
Toe: The area where the tyre is in contact with the wheel rim and which helps the tyre be clipped onto it.
What are the procedures for the drivers that have got 100 penalty score?
First time: Their driving licenses are confiscated for 2 months.
Second time: Their driving licenses are confiscated for 4 months.
Third time: Their driving licenses are cancelled.
In this case, on the article no: 118 of the Highway Traffic Law with no: 2918, it is stated that the drivers, who will be sent to training for the first time, are sent to get 40-hour training in any driving course and the driving licenses of the people, who authenticate that they have attended the course, are returned.
It is stated that the people who exceed 100 points for the second time will be subject to psychotechnics and psychiatric examination and the driving licenses of the people who are considered as suitable to reclaim their driving licenses will be returned to them at the end of the examination.
What are the Procedures for the People that Violate the Speed Rules (Radar) for 5 Times within a Year?
The driving licenses of the people that have violated the speed rules for 5 times within 1 year are confiscated for 1 year.
The people whose driving licenses are confiscated will be subject to psychotechnics and psychiatric examination at the end of the penalty period and the driving licenses of the people who are considered as suitable to reclaim their driving licenses will be returned to them.
When assessing the speed violations, the violations before and after 12.03.2000 on which the law with no: 4550 came into force will not be combined. The period of limitation in temporary reclaiming of the licenses is determined as 4 years. The period starts after the fifth speed violation.
What is the Penalty of Drunk Driving? How Long is My Driving License Confiscated?
On the article no: 48/5 of the Highway Traffic Law with no: 2918, regarding the drunk driving, it is stated that the driving licenses of the drunk drivers of taxi, shared taxis, minibuses, buses, trucks and tow trucks that provide freight shipment and passenger transportation for trading purposes and the drunk drivers of official cars and the other drivers whose alcohol content in the blood is above 0.50 promile will be confiscated.
Regarding the confiscated driving licenses because of alcohol, these points that are stated in the notice with no: 0214 with the date 15.11.2001 of the Ministry of Internal Affairs are enforced:
The driving licenses that are confiscated for drunk driving for the first time are kept in our department for (3) three months.
The driving licenses that are confiscated for drunk driving for the second time are kept for (1) one year without considering if this offense has been committed within the same year.
The driving licenses that are confiscated for drunk driving for the third time are brought into court by the catch unit and they are processed in accordance with the court decision.
In this case, the court generally imposes a penalty on these driving licenses for (5) five years.
While the driving licenses of the people whose driving licenses have been confiscated for 1 or 2 times are returned, the driving licenses of the people who do not have any other offenses by checking via computer are returned. Regarding the people whose driving licenses have been confiscated for 3 times, on the Highway Traffic Law with no: 2918, it is stated that the people whose driving licenses have been confiscated for 3 times will be subject to psychotechnics and psychiatric examination and the driving licenses of the suitable ones will be returned to them.
How Can I Become an Honorary Traffic Inspector? What are the Conditions?
On the articles no: 5 and 6 of the “Task and Work Regulations of the Honorary Traffic Inspectorship” that came into force by being issued in accordance with the rules of the Annex no: 6 amended by the law no: 4199 of the Highway Traffic Law with No: 2918, the conditions that are requested to be an Honorary Traffic Inspector and the application ways are stated. Accordingly;
• To be the citizen of Turkish Republic,
• To be at least 40 years old,
• To be graduated from college,
• To have a driving license for at least 10 years,
• Not to cause a traffic accident with genuine fault,
• Not to have the driving license reclaimed as a result of the 100 penalty score enforcement within total 5 years back to the date of application,
• Not to be banned from the public service,
• Excluding the deferred judgments except the negligent offenses and the offenses below, not to be convicted from governmental offenses, the disgraceful offenses such as debit, embezzlement, impropriety, bribery, robbery, fraud, forgery, fidelity abuse, indirect bankrupt or smuggling except use and consumption smuggling, bid rigging and disclosing the secrets of the state even if you have got penal servitude or have been in prison for more than 6 months or have been pardoned,
• The people, who would like to be an inspector and who are provided with the conditions, must apply to the governorate, in which their residence is, by attaching 2 passport photographs and one copy of the driving license and clearance to their letter of application.
Where Do We Need to Inform About the Traffic Accidents?
Since 01.04.2008, the accident reports are issued by the involved parties in the traffic accidents. However, if the situations below are in question, you need to notify the traffic police by calling 155 or 156, if the scene of the accident is in gendarmerie region.
- If you drive motor vehicle without a driving license or with an inadequate driving license,
- If the driver is under age,
- If the driver is drunk or if there is a suspicion that he has a poor mental health,
- If one or more of the involved vehicles belong to the public institutions,
- If the properties belonging to the public institutions are damaged,
- If the properties of only the third parties are damaged in the traffic accidents,
- If one or more of the involved vehicles do not have any traffic insurance,
- If the traffic accident results in death and/or injury,
- If the parties cannot reach an agreement.
What Do We Need to Do When We Get Involved in a Traffic Accident with Damage?
If you get involved in a traffic accident with financial damage, you must stop in such a way that you will not endanger the traffic, must take the necessary precautions by putting illuminated signs or reflective devices for the traffic safety, must inform the authorized officers about the accident (155 Traffic) and must not leave the scene of the accident until the Traffic Team arrives and without the permission of them and must not dislocate your vehicle.
However, in the accidents that result with financial damage, if you reach an agreement and do not need the authorized officers to come as the involved parties, you can identify the accident between you as written and leave the scene. In the case that you leave the scene of the accident with such an agreement, you are considered as you accept that you will reimburse your own loss.
The Legal Liabilities and Car Insurance of the Vehicle Operators:
With regard to the liabilities of the vehicle operators and the insurance of the vehicles, the related articles of the Highway Traffic Law and the rules of the ‘Public Vehicle Guarantee Fund Regulations' are enforced.
Loss, Damage and Bringing an Action:
Traffic cases are tried in traffic courts or in Criminal Court of Peace, unless otherwise possible. As well as the insurance broker can be directly filed a suit against, the parties can bring an action in the civil court.
If you cause the death or injury of somebody or the damage of something with the motor vehicle that you operate, you will be the responsible one of this loss as the operator of the motor vehicle.
What Do You Need to Do When You Get Involved in a Traffic Accident with Injury?
If you are the driver of the car, you must stop in such a way that you will not endanger the traffic and you must take the necessary precautions by putting illuminated signs or reflective devices for the traffic safety.
• You must not change the situation on the scene of the accident including the traces and evidences that will help the responsible one be identified in the accidents with death, injury or damage that affect the loss of life and property in traffic.
• As the parties of the accident, you must give each other your address and identity details, must show your driving license, registration certificate and insurance policy and must give the date and number of these, if requested.
• You must inform the authorized officers about the accident (155 Traffic) and must not leave the scene of the accident until the Traffic Team arrives or without the permission of the authorized officers.
In the event that you damage the movable or immovable properties and motor vehicles that do not have their owners or responsible ones with them;
• You must find the contact person of the vehicle or property; if you cannot find him/her, you must leave written information on the suitable places of the vehicles and damaged properties in such a way that it will not fall or get lost.
They Hit My Car and Ran; What Do I Need to Do? Can I Myself Find Out the Address of the Vehicle that Hit My Car?
Please note the license plate of the vehicle that hit and ran and apply to the nearest police department. You can reimburse your loss from the insurance of the other party with the official report that the police department will make.
If you cannot find out the address of the vehicle yourself, the police department to which you apply will carry out the processes such as address identification and reaching the other party, etc.
My Car Has Been Stolen; What Do I Need to Do?
You need to apply to the police department, which is responsible from the region in which your vehicle has been stolen, as soon as possible.
Is There an 8/8 Defective Fraction in Traffic Accidents? What are the Defects of the Driver?
There is not an 8/8 or such defective fraction in traffic accidents. These kinds of defects are judged by the courts.
• To run the red light or pass by the stop sign of the authorized officer.
• To enter the highway with the 'No Vehicles Allowed' traffic sign or the lanes, upgrades and linking roads on which the traffic from opposite direction is used on the divided highway.
• To enter the lane or road on which the traffic from opposite direction is used on the multilane motor roads.
• To hit from behind.
• To pass by the banned roads.
• To be out on wrong direction changing maneuvers.
• To violate the lanes.
• Not to obey the right of way on the crossroads.
• Not to obey the right of way where the pavements are narrow.
• Not to obey the general conditions that regulate the maneuvers.
• To park and stop on the motor roads of the highway outside the residential areas except for the obligatory cases and not to take the necessary precautions in both cases.
• To hit the vehicles that have parked outside the motor roads or on the parking areas in accordance with the traffic rules.
How Can I Learn My Traffic Penalty Score on Internet?
You can learn your traffic penalty score on www.egm.gov.tr, the website of the General Directorate of Security Affairs.
How Can I Learn the Debt of My Vehicle on Internet?
You can learn the debt of your vehicle on www.gelirler.gov.tr, the website of the General Directorate of Revenues.
I Sold My Vehicle Not Through Notary; the Other Party Does Not Undertake the Transfer of the Vehicle.
On the articles with the date of 12.08.1999 of our Traffic Services Directorate regarding the vehicles that are sold not through notary, it is explained below what kind of procedure will be applied when the vehicle owners, who do not sell their vehicles through the notary bill of sale, apply with a petition:
On the Article No: 20 of the Highway Traffic Law No: 2918, it is written, "All kind of sales and transfer that is not carried out by a notary is invalid.". Thus, the documents that are made between the transferee and the seller of the vehicle instead of a notary and that are called hand bill are never accepted by our registries.
In defiance of the Article No: 20 of the Law, in order to prevent the victimhood of the citizens following the sales made with a "hand bill", they should be warned for issuing a notary bill of sale for the transfer of the vehicle; if this is not possible and if the buyer does not accept to issue a notary bill of sale or if the vehicle passes into many other hands following the transfer of the vehicle by its first owner, the issue must be devolved to the judicial authorities and the parties must act in accordance with the decision given by these authorities.
The Points to Consider When Purchasing a Second Hand Car:
When purchasing a car, examine it from its engine to the transmission and from its body to the carpet modules closely. Go purchasing together with a car mechanic, if possible.
In order to understand if the car is stolen or not, compare the engine and vehicle identification numbers with the engine and vehicle identification numbers written on the registration. If you purchase a stolen car, you will both lose the money that you paid and struggle to prove that you did not steal it.
Be sure that you try the car. Take it to a familiar mechanic or a man who repairs car hoods and have it checked. It may have had an accident and been assembled afterwards.
2009 Motor Vehicles Tax Prices of Automobiles, Station Wagons, Cross Country Vehicles, Motorcycles and similar vehicles.
Automobiles, station wagons, cross country vehicles and similar vehicles
1 - 3 Age
4 - 6 Age
7 - 11 Age
16 and above
1300 cm3 and below
1301 - 1600 cm3
1601 - 1800 cm3
1801 - 2000 cm3
2001 - 2500 cm3
2501 - 3000 cm3
3001 - 3500 cm3
3501 - 4000 cm3
4001 cm3 and above
1 - 3 Age
4 - 6 Age
7 - 11 Age
16 and above
100 - 250 cm3
251 - 650 cm3
651 - 1200 cm3
1201 cm3 and above
• Minibuses, Panel Vans, Buses, Trucks-Pickups
2009 Motor Vehicles Tax Prices of
Minibuses, Panel Vans and Caravanettes, Buses and similar vehicles,
Pickups, Trucks, Tow Trucks and similar vehicles
|Vehicle Type and Seating / Maximum Total Weight||1 - 6 Age||7 - 15 Age||16 and above|
|Panel vans and caravanettes (Engine Capacity)|
|1900 cm3 and below||628||393||235|
|1901 cm3 and above||946||628||393|
|Buses and similar vehicles (Seating)|
|25 The Number of Person||1.182||708||312|
|26-35 The Number of Person||1.420||1.182||471|
|36-45 The Number of Person||1.578||1.340||628|
|46 people and above||1.893||1.578||946|
|Pickups, trucks, Tow Trucks and similar vehicles (Maximum Total Weight)|
|1.501-3.500 kg.500 kg||851||495||282|
|2201 kg and above||2.130||1.703||992|
• Yachts, Cruisers and all kind of private motor boats
2009 Motor Vehicles Tax Prices
|The Annual Tax Price (TL) to Be Paid for the Ages and Engine Power Unit (BG) of the Vehiclesat|
|Vehicle Type and Engine Power (hp)||1 - 3 Age||4 - 5 Age||6 - 15 Age||16 and above|
|10 - 20 hp||223,68||15,78||7,88||3,12|
|221 - 50 hp||31,58||23,68||14,2||6,78|
|551 - 100 hp||39,49||31,58||18,93||7,88|
|1101 - 150 hp||47,38||39,49||23,68||11,04|
|1151 hp and above||71,09||55,29||31,58||15,78|
• Motorlu Araç (ÖTV) Oranlar
2009 Motorlu Taşıtlar Vergisi Tutarları
|Taşıt Cinsi ve Azami Kalkış Ağırlığı||1 - 3 Age||4 - 5 Age||6 - 10 Age||11 and above|
|11.151 - 1.800 kg||11.850||9.479||7.109||5.687|
|11.801 - 30 kg||15.800||12.640||9.479||7.583|
|331 - 50 kg||19.752||15.800||11.850||9.479|
|551 - 100 kg||23.702||18.961||14.220||11.375|
|1101 - 200 kg||27.653||22.122||16.590||13.270|
|2201 kg and above||31.604||25.282||18.961||15.169|
• Technical Inspection
|Automobiles, Minibuses, Pickups||123,90 TL|
|Trucks, Buses, Tow Trucks||165,00 TL|
|Motorcycles, Tractors||62,00 TL|
The distance of Istanbul from the states
The reasons why you should choose Alfa Oto. Read More »
The advantages of Long Term Car Rental. Read More »
Do you know the differences between Operational Leasing and Financial Leasing? Read More »
Which one is better? To own your company cars? Or just having them by operational leasing method. See the differences Read More »
User's Guide will help you for troubleshooting about brake downs and damages during your rental period.Read More »
Frequently asked questions and answers related to the fleet rental. Read More »
Useful links that you may need. Read More »